Lenola, Moorestown



Detail from a 1860 Lake & Beers map.

The area that is now Lenola, Moorestown was no more then three roads crossing as they still do today to form a triangle where McDonalds is now located and several family farms. Lenola Road in 1860 was the "Cinnaminson Road to Colestown." Another road, now New Albany Road, went to a hamlet named "New Albany." Camden Avenue is part of the road laid out in 1794 to the Ferry to take farm "truck" etc... to Philadelphia and Camden markets. In 1849 it became the Moorestown and Camden Turnpike. Now it is Camden Avenue, and to Lenola folks Camden Avenue has been referred to as "Main Street."

The farms over the years were owned by people such as the Wilson family, the Brown family, the Browning family, the Moore family, the Maines family, the Crider family, the Claypoole family, and the Snyder family.

Today we see the names Wilson, Browning, Moore, Crider, and Claypoole as street names.




Detail of a 1877 G.M. Hopkins atlas map showing part of the Lenola area
(Click on the image for a larger image.)

Wilson's Station-

The area became identified with a train station. The area was called Wilson's Station.




The early train station names


In October of 1867, trains began running on the Camden and Burlington County Railroad, between Mount Holly and Camden, and Moorestown at once became a railroad town connected with Philadelphia and other desirable points. (Loosely quoted from "Moorestown Old and New" by James C. Purdy, Chapter 8, The Coming of the Railroad)

On November 1, 1867, there was a meeting of the Camden and Burlington County R.R. The main discussion was the placement of the Moorestown Station. They wanted to put it at Mill Street. People from the township (or village) had formed two "groups" and made petitions for having it at the eastern and western locations. (Church Street and Chester Avenue.- See also Purdy's book) The R.R. decided that eventually in the long run they would have two stations there so went with putting one at Chester Avenue at this point in time. Then was brought up that there should be two platforms between Moorestown and Merchantville, One at John Wilson's farm (Lenola Road). and one at Thomas Wilson's farm (Forklanding Road). Below is an excerpt from the minutes of that meeting. (State Archives, Trenton, Penn Central Collection)


On motion of M. Markley it was ordered that a platform be erected at Thomas Wilson's and also one at John S. Wilson's between Moorestown and Merchantville, provided the land offered at these points as an inducement shall be conveyed to the company.

(From the New Jersey State Archives, Trenton, NJ, "Penn Central Collection," Box 11, Camden & Burlington County R.R. Board Minutes 2 May 1866- 11 April 1881)

Wilson's Station was put in sometime after January 21, 1870, when the Camden and Burlington County Rail Road Company purchased the land from John S. Wilson. (Deed book D-8, page 99) The Stiles' Station land in Maple Shade was purchased in 1869 so that station would post date that purchase at some point. (BTW- Thomas Wilson was a father-in-law to Benjamin J. Stiles and that area was already called "Stiles Corners." So it wasn't a problem with two Wilson farms for the station locations.)

Lenola-

At some point the area around Wilson's Station was also known as "Lenola."Wilson's Station schoolhouse," now a Chistodelphians Church, was later the Lenola School. Then about 1894, or possibly a few years earlier, the railroad station was renamed Lenola Station.

A reason to believe the train station's name was changed about late 1993- 1894 or so is because at the Burlington County Library's Search the New Jersey Mirror webpage, if you search for "Wilson's Station" the last account is 1893. Hard to say without finding the reference because names stick and overlap sometimes.

The change of names might have occured before September of 1893 if another book is to be taken literally relating to fossils. Another book is from 1894 which says- Lenola Station.

In the late 1800s into the early 1900s, despite school districts (could have been used), the archaeological groups saw the brickyards of Maple Shade as land in Lenola. When the brickyards excavated the clay, fossils were found at the sites. The Natural Academy of Sciences in Philadelphia is one group which would go out to the clay pits. If you want to check for fossil finds at the clay pits, try searching under "Google Books"- keywords fossils at Lenola, Graham brickyard, Lenola, or Reeve clay pit, Lenola. Here is one report that does correct the area as Maple Shade- Clay pits with fossils were in Maple Shade.

An early real estate subdivision plan carrying the name Lenola predates the train station's name change from Wilson's Station, "Plan of Lots in Lenola," Map 720, filed on May 2, 1891. It just may be that the name Lenola comes from real estate people although it is not known for a fact. The early real estate speculations used the name Lenola, as you propably wouldn't want to say "Come live here at Wilson's Station."




At left is an article from the Mount Holly News, January 31, 1893.

Above is another article from the Mount Holly News, May 2, 1893.


Old and New Subdivisions-



Part of old Lenola, from Map 720, "Plan of Lots Lenola, NJ" 1891
Shown is a segment of Camden Avenue, New Albany Road, and Lenola Road.
The houses shown are there already and are not lots of the subdivision.

Thomas Barlow of Barlow & Company developers in Maple Shade and Horace Roberts realized the market for affordable blue collar housing and lots. The Horace Roberts bought farms, starting with the Clover Leaf Farm, I believe, brought successful sales where any former brought sparce sales. Bungalows and "One Acre Farms" fullfilled a blue collar city worker's dreams of living in the country!

Lenola Realty Co., a branch of Barlow & Co. was located at 80 East Main Street, Moorestown, which Iam unsure if that means Main Street or Camden Avenue. During his last years, Thomas J.S. Barlow Jr. ran Lenola Realty.

Horace Roberts was a farmer who lived at Hooton Hall, South Church Street. He was a very successful farmer who practiced inter-cropping. That means while you are waiting for the newly planted peach trees to grow, you plant strawberries or tomatoes etc... between them. He would buy run down farms and turned them into productive ones that soon payed for themselves. He at one time had 23 farms which he mostly grew orchards on. He became involved in the real estate business with Barlow & Co. buying up farms mostly in Maple Shade and Lenola for bungalows on regular or "One Acre Farm" lots.

Subdivision Plans-



This first plan has no owner's name but the records book said John S. Collins & Sons-

Map 720
Filed on May 2, 1891

Plan of Lots Lenola, NJ

owned by John S. Collins & Sons
(name not on map though)
Surveyed and plotted by E. May Jr, C.E.
April 1891
Located on the north side of Camden Avenue
Streets-
Moorestown & Camden Turnpike
Cinnaminson Road (Lenola Road)
New Albany Road
Merion Avenue (along the railroad)
Chestnut
Main (Errickson Avenue)
Moore Street
Linden

Map 721
Filed on November 15, 1895

Plan of Lots Lenola

Property of William N. Taylor
Survey by E.G. Aitken
September 1895
Located on the north side of Camden Avenue
Streets-
Camden & Moorestown Turnpike
Cinnaminson Road (now Lenola Road)
New Albany Road
Moore Street
Merion
Pariset

Map 717
Filed on June 11, 1913

Plan of Clover Leaf Farm

owned by Horace Roberts
Barlow & Co. Developers
S.T. Hollinshead Surveyor
Located on the north side of Camden Avenue
Bounded by the railroad and the Pennsauken Creek
Streets-
Camden Avenue
Cottage Avenue
Second Street
Third Street

Map 719
Filed on May 7, 1918

Plan of Lenola Acre Farm

owned by Horace Roberts
Barlow & Co. Developers
S.T. Hollinshead Surveyor
April 7, 1918
Located on the north side of Camden Avenue
Streets-
Centre Street
Lenola Road
Maple Avenue
Pine Street

Map 740
Filed on October 2, 1920

Plan of Lenola Park

owned by Horace Roberts
Barlow & Co. Developers
S.T. Hollinshead Surveyor
October 1920
Located on the south side of Camden Avenue
Bounded on the east today by Mount Carmel Cemetery
and on the southwest by the Pennsauken Creek
Streets-
Camden Turnpike or Camden Avenue
Revere Avenue
Villa Avenue
Beacon Street
Lenola Road
Garfield Avenue
Lincoln Avenue
Winthrop Avenue

This next one is sort of in the Lenola vicinty and of the same nature-

Map 740 1/2
A note on the map-
"Not a filed plan,
Given to us by Mr. Bowman."

Plan of Lorraine Farms

owned by Thomas J.S. Barlow
Barlow & Co., Inc., Developers
Survey by S.T. Hollinshead
1922
Located on the east side of North Church Street
Streets-
North Church Street
Perry
Stanley
Colonial Avenue
Walnut Avenue
Addison Avenue

Map 743
Filed on October 10, 1922

Plan of Lots of
Theodore C. Sauselein
Situated at Lenola, NJ

George H. Kraft Surveyor
July 1922
Located on the north side of Camden Avenue
Streets-
Cinnaminson Road (Lenola Road)
North Garfield Avenue
Maple Avenue
Linden Street

It is the above Theodore Sauselein plan that the article belows states was later "Lenola Gardens." I did not find that Map. I also did not see one for "Lenola Heights," which might be the bungalows near the Cowperthwaite house, Lenola Road and Kings Highway.



The following article is from the Moorestown Chronicle, July 27, 1939-
(Keep in mind it's a newspaper person involved with the story and its not a primary source.)

Street No Longer Runs Through Living Rooms of Houses in Lenola

How would you like to have a street complete with roadway, sidewalks, water and sewer mains, and gas running right through the living room of your house?

It wouldn't be so good, would it? Even if it were only in theory.

At any rate that is the situation that has been existing in theory in Lenola for a number of years.

In 1895, Theodore Sauselein, of West Main street, Moorestown, who at that time conducted a brick yard in Lenola, owned a tract of land near the Lenola railroad station which he had surveyed by F.C. Aitken, civil engineer. The tract was called "Plan of Land at Lenola Station, Chester Township, Burlington Co., NJ" (The land was then in what at that time was a part of Chester Township- now Moorestown Township.)

By 1925 the property had been sold to other interests and the tract was then called "Plan of Lenola Gardens, Lenola, NJ, Moorestown Township, Burlington Co., NJ" This survey was made by S. Thornton Hollinshead, who is now township engineer.

The same tracts embraced a section of Lenola bounded by Harding avenue on the north. Moore street on the south, with Garfield avenue to the east and Lincoln avenue to the west. Through this block ran the unamed street from Moore street to Harding avenue, at an angle, and nearer to Lincoln avenue than Garfield avenue.

One cannot have clear title to property with a street running through it- even though it has only existed on paper and has no name and has not been accepted by the municipality. So, to clear the matter up, the Moorestown Township Committee made a final passage of an ordinance on Monday evening last "vacating all public right, claim, estate and easement in, to, over, under, and upon such unamed and unaccepted street shown on a certain map of land ____ Lenola, in Moorestown Township."

Now everybody is happy and the homeowners no longer have a water main ______ right through the cellar under the living room........


Builders-

Two of the builders of Lenola bungalows were Oscar Anderson (You might see that Susanna Anderson, his wife, once owned a property), or John E. Otto. Both builders were from Maple Shade. Oscar Anderson was a builder for Barlow & Company so if the lot was owned by Barlow & Co. prior to a home owner, it still could be built by him. I think it went to their name (Oscar or Susanna Anderson) when they built a house for another agent or landowner. (Horace Roberts or George B. Evans)

Of course people could have bought a lot (esp. in the "One Acre Farm" developments) and built their own home or had one built.

Lenola, a Section of Moorestown-

It was a section of Chester Township. Moorestown with Lenola separated from Chester Township leaving Maple Shade. This was done in 1922, but was attempted prior in 1917 as them becoming "East Chester" instead of "Moorestown."

What we are getting at here is the fact that not all the "high and mighty" of Moorestown wanted Lenola either! Before each election took place someone in Moorestown would say somethings bad about Lenola. Below is a clip from the Maple Shade Progress, February 2, 1917-



The result from that above mentioned meeting is that for a brief time there looked like there could have been three townships, Moorestown, Lenola as a borough, and Maple Shade, but soon Lenola was with Moorestown. Each one seemed to think their tax dollars were spent building each other's places. Or so the complaints were.




From the Maple Shade Progress, February 23, 1917
Lenola did have a lot of land to offer!

In 1921 some of the high and mighty in Moorestown (wealthy) were calling the bungalows of Maple Shade and Lenola "cheese boxes." Once again they were ticking them off before an impending election. It looks though that the majority liked keeping Lenola. They even got a new school, the Lenola School in 1924.

cheese boxes of Lenola    cheese boxes of Maple Shade


Photo of Lenola School here.

The Lenola School was built in 1924. Mrs. Edith Cutler who served a term as the President of the Maple Shade Historical Society was the principal there. Lenola earlier on had a one room schoolhouse and its PTA was started in 1917.





Assorted Title Chains-

Wilson's Station-

The Camden and Burlington County Rail Road Company
took title on January 21, 1870
under Deed book D-8, page 99
from John S. Wilson
Sum of one dollar

Beginning where the northerly line of a certain piece of land, which Caleb Haines conveyed to the Camden Moorestown Hainesport and Mount Holly Horse car Rail Road Company, crosses the middle of the public road that leads from Fellowship by the residence of said Wilson to Palmyra...

Containing 40/100 of an acre of land, more or less

Lenola Union Church-

Lenola Union Church
took title on December 9, 1903
under Deed book 382, page 241
from Benjamin J. Price, and Mary J. Price his wife, of the City of Camden

for the Sum of 450 dollars
on New Albany Road
for Church and Sunday School. If land is ever used for any other purpose, it will revert back to...

Union Sabbath School-

The Union Sabbath School Association of the M.E. Church
took title on February 18, 1873
under Deed book R-8, page 382
from John S. Wilson

To William and George Maines dwelling houses, to the Moorestown and Camden turnpike...

Containing 27/100 of an acre of land
For the following uses... Sabbath School, Religious Meetings, for the promotion of literature and science lectures and innocent amusements

Lenola Civic Club of Moorestown-

took title on September 10, 1920
under Deed book 577, page 121
from Irving A. Collins

Lots 107 and 108 as shown on Plan of Lots at Lenola, NJ, John S. Collins & Sons

Merion Avenue... Harvey Avenue...
being a part of the land that Irving A. Collins took title to on February 8, 1894 under Deed book 309, page 410 from the Lenola Land and Improvement Company.

John S. Collins & Sons-

Irving A. Collins
took title to on February 8, 1894
under Deed book 309, page 410
from the Lenola Land and Improvement Company

for the sum of Nine Thousand Dollars
Containing 32 acres and 2/100 of an acre.

stone southwest side of Cinnaminson road to Martha N. Fuller's land conveyed to Frank W. Parvin and Frederick J. Geiger. (also mentions 9 acres)
Being the same premises which Frank W. Parvin and wife, and Frederick J. Geiger and wife on May 24, 1893, under Deed book 304, page 196 granted to the Lenola Land and Improvement Company

which said premises had therefore been laid out in streets and lots as appears on a certain Plan of Lots of Lenola, surveyed and plotted by E. May Jr. surveyor, and filed in the clerk's office of Burlington County.... opting out lots....

The Lenola Land and Improvement Company-

The Lenola Land and Improvement Company
took title on May 24, 1893
under deed book 304, page 196
from Frank W. Parvin and Caroline M. his wife, and Frederick J. Geiger and Mary A. his wife, all of the City of Philadelphia

for the consideration of 398 shares
Beginning at a stone in the southwest side of Cinnaminson Road in line of lands of George Wilson and corner of lands of Martha A. Fuller... to said Fuller's land and land recently conveyed to Frank W. Parvin and Frederick J. Geiger... lands Camden and Burlington County Rail Road...
Containing nine acres and 53/100 of an acre

Frank W. Parvin and Frederick J. Geiger-

Frank W. Parvin
took title on March 12, 1891
under Deed book 289, page 576
from Martha A. Fuller

Martha A. Fuller of Burlington County, a widow, on the first part and Frank W. Parvin, Frederick J. Geiger of the City of Philadelphia on the second part
for the sum of Four Thousand Two Hundred and Forty Seven Dollars and Eighty Five cents
all that certain tract of land described according to the recent survey thereof by E. May Jr.
Containing 32 and 2/100 acres of land
Being part of a larger tract of land which Charles H. Sharp on December 4, 1889, under Deed book 283, page 227 conveyed to Martha A. Fuller in fee, exempting out 55/100 acres of land conveyed to the Camden and Burlington County Rail Road Company

William N. Taylor-

William N. Taylor
took title on October 8, 1895
under Deed book 319, page 134
from John K. Wilson and wife

John K. Wilson of the Borough of Merchantville... contractor and Cornelia B. his wife of the first part, and William N. Taylor of the City of Philadelphia, Real Estate Dealer of the other part
Tract of land in Burlington County, westerly side of the Cinnaminson Road to a point Twenty Five feet from the centre line of said Rail Road...
Containing Forty one acres and (actually ends with ...and 13 thousands of an acre!)
Being part of a larger tract of land which John S. Wilson became seized from Caleb Haines and others 1866... Last Will and Testament of John S. Wilson, who departed this life 17th day of May AD 1887

Theodore C. Sauselein-

Ellena W. Sauselein
took title on August 28, 1895
under Deed book 318, page 300
from George M. Wilson of Chester Township

George M. Wilson and Mary B. his wife of the first part, and Theodore Sauselein of Merchantville of the second part
to corners of which are marked by marble monuments as follows:
Beginning at a marble monument on the westerly side of the Cinnaminson Road being a corner to the Lenola Station Ground of the Camden and Burlington County Rail Road Company... north branch of the Pennsauken creek.... said stone on the extended centre line of Linden avenue of the Lenola Plan of Lots, being part of a tract of 76 92/100 acres of land conveyed to Caleb Haines and others to John S. Wilson by deed, March 1866

Clover Leaf Farm-

Horace Roberts
took title on February 10, 1913
under Deed book 488, page 360
from Mary B. Wilson

for the sum of Twenty Five Hundred dollars
Beginning at the intersection of the middle line of the Moorestown and Camden Turnpike road with the middle line of New Albany road along William N. Taylor's land...

Lot No. 18, Probably to be Subdivided-

Horace Roberts
took title on September 27, 1933
under Deed book 818, page 79
from Theodore C. Sauselein

for the sum of Fifty dollars
Lot No. 18 of the Plan of Lenola Acre Farms
land and premises that Domenico Farina and Rose Farina on December 15, 1928, under Deed book 724, page 300 conveyed to Theodore C. Sauselein

(Note- This is probably the same Theodore C. Sauselein as in the 1940s Deed book 934, page 111 is named Theodore Claypoole Sauselein. (A Lenola name in there)



Incorporations-

Corporations are listed with the time incorporated and Corporation book and page. Note these books are no longer at the Burlington County Clerk's Office but at Trenton. Even though you find these, at Trenton on their computer they might not. They would do well to find the old record books and put them on the other floor which is the State Archives.

Lenola Land & Improvement Co.

Lenola Land & Improvement Co.

Lenola Union Church

Lenola Civic Club

Lenola Fire Company No. 1

Lenola Realty Co.

Ladies Auxillary of Lenola Volunteer Fire Co.

Lenola Youth Improvement Association Inc.

Lenola Hobby Shop Inc.

Lenola Fire Co Emergency Unit Inc.

Lenola School P.T.A.

Lenola Concerned Citizens Inc.

Lenola Fire Co. Emergency Unit Inc. (cert. of ammendment)

Lenola Emergency Unit Inc. (cert. of ammendment)
May 13, 1893    Book C, page 282

May 19, 1893    Book C, page 284

March 18, 1902   Book D, page 460

April 26, 1919   Book G, page 495

April 18, 1923   Book I, page 27

May 14, 1930    Book K, page 315

April 5, 1934    Book L, page 299

January 14, 1947   Book O, page 333

May 27, 1954    Book R, page 153

December 30, 1957   Book T, page 454

March 15, 1978    Book 10, page 710

June 12, 1979    Book 11, page 282

July 7, 1981    Book 14, page 38

March 18, 1982   Book 14, page 335


(Note- The incorporation date doesn't mean that the organization didn't form earlier. For instance, Lenola P.T.A. was going on in 1917.)



Interview with Betty, a Lenola resident for over 70 years-

September 24, 2010

Betty's family moved to Lenola in 1936 from Philadelphia. She was six years old at the time. They purchased their bungalow house from Barlow & Company, at their Lenola office on Main Street. (Camden Avenue) The yard was a whole acre and the lots were considered as "One Acre Farms." They payed 1500 dollars for the house. It had an outhouse. When she got married, her father divided his lot and sold her the lot next door.

The nearby farms were the Browning farm back on Lenola Road. Also, Mr. Brown had a farm on the end of Wilson Avenue. The story that she was told and doesn't know if it's true or not, is that Mr. Brown built the little church that is next to the Lenola School. His wife wanted a church is why he built it. Betty went to it for years. It was called the Lenola Union Church.

The Lenola community house, officially the "Lenola Community Center" was where the Seven Eleven store now is on Camden Avenue. It had a small library which was an offshoot of the Moorestown Library. The librarian was there a couple days a week. It had a large room with bookcases around the edges. It was used for meetings such as Girl Scout meetings.

Some of the stores in the area were the American Store (now Acme) which was on Main Street. (Camden Avenue) Joe's Sweet Shop was on the corner. Then the American Store, then to the right of the American Store was a little store that had a little Post Office in it at one time which was a branch of the Moorestown Post Office. Then there was a barber shop. It had a t.v. in the window and men would stand out on the sidewalk watching the fights.

On Lenola Road, just across Camden Avenue, on the left side, was a little barber shop added onto a house. That was Mr. Verbaro. Maranatha last used it. They had a youth group meeting there. Now it is torn down. Her nephew, George Brown, was a youth minister at Maranatha and at one time they met in the little church on Browning Avenue. Then they moved to the church building in the parking lot on North Forklanding Road in Maple Shade across from the bank.

At the railroad there was a big house. Mr. Maines had a store there. The kids went there to get penny candy on the way to school. Betty went to the Roxy theatre in Maple Shade and the Criterion in Moorestown to watch movies. The Lenola community house had little dances (record music) on Friday nights for the kids.

There was no big firehouse on Lenola Road then. It was a big field that the kids cut across to get to school on New Albany Road. At the little firehouse (nearer to McDonalds) they had parties upstairs. Maple Shade had dances as well as town meetings above their firehouse. (now Fontanas restaurant)

Betty went to the Lenola School on New Albany Road. The Lenola public school is now apartments. First through sixth grade it was when she went there and she went all through it. In seventh grade she went to the Moorestown Junior/ Senior High School. The bus stop was at the community house, and you had to walk to it to get the bus stop. Her four sons all went through the Lenola School but it ended around fourth grade then.

The Browning's farm had horses and cows and they would bring them the milk (raw milk) by the gallon. One of her first jobs was picking tomatoes on the Browning's farm. On another farm on Lenola Road she picked apples and peaches. Her first job as an adult was in Philadelphia. She would get the train at the Lenola train station to the ferry. She did office work in Philadelphia. She took a business course in school.

Betty was in the Moorestown and Maple Shade Girl Scouts. Mrs. Clark was the leader in Moorestown and Mrs. McGall was the leader in Maple Shade.

There was a lot of people in Lenola that were Italian and came from Philadelphia. One big name was the Perlas. They had the Perla Block Company. (cinder blocks for foundation walls) Betty's husband built their house. He dug out the basement. He would get 25 Perla blocks or whatever they could afford and build as they could get more money. They didn't have a lot of money, but they managed.

Now an industrial park is behind her house, but before it was a big field where corn grew with a woods in the middle of the field. There was a creek that ran through the middle of the field too. They played there. Where Moorestown Mall is was peach or apple orchards.

Where McDonalds is was a large house. That is where her brother-in-law grew up- the Bowen family.

Where Betty grew up they had chickens. Her father and her grandfather had them. Her grandfather lived with them there. At her house nextdoor, after she married, her family also had chickens. She ordered by mail 100 chicks and it turned out to be they were all roosters- so they had no eggs but just ate them. She had horses for her kids. Her son Randy had a horse they bought for 15 dollars (cheap) at an auction. It got sick and died. (lived in the garage) The two boys buried it in the back yard then they had a big rain and it washed up and was floating.

Betty had 2 girlfriends on the other side of Camden Avenue (south side) with ponies. She liked riding and went over after school. I mentioned to Betty the house on Camden Avenue almost to Main Street in Moorestown which had horses into the 1970s. Betty said that close to town they probably weren't allowed but they had them before the law so they could, is what she thinks.

Today, Betty still lives in the house her husband built for them. Her son Tim lives next door where her parent's old bungalow was. He razed it and put a two story house there.




Photos courtesy of Betty. Two photos of her marching in Girl Scouts in a parade. The right side one is the Lenola War Memorial.

To see each above photo in a larger image- Lenola1.jpg   Lenola2.jpg   Lenola3.jpg




Sanborn Map Details-

Here is the area, east of Lenola Road on Camden Avenue, where Betty's photos were taken. The American Store was on the west side of Lenola Road. (BTW- Lenola Road is the point which divides East and West Camden Avenue.)




South side of East Camden Avenue




North side of East Camden Avenue


Lenola Stores-


From the Moorestown News Chronicle, May 5, 1960-

Crowds Storm New A&P
Supermarket in Lenola

Moorestown's new A&P Supermarket opened officially on Tuesday to hundreds of interested shoppers and sightseerers. The new store, managed by Albin J. Kurlecki, of Riverside, signaled its opening doors with a single pistol shot and was then left to the mercy of the shoppers.

Crowds of men, women and children poured through the store and received their free gifts of balloons and other articles...







Ronald McDonald visited the Lenola McDonalds.


Other Lenola Related Websites-

Lenola on Facebook

Lenola Elementary School Alumni on Facebook

Lenola Fire Department


Home